3352 Ugg Bailey Button Mini Chestnut Boots

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Exercise What is the number one fear that is holding you back right now

Do It Anyway
We all have fears it's quite normal,3352 Ugg Bailey Button Mini Chestnut Boots. For example, I am afraid of spiders doesn't matter what size they are, or how far away they are from me, I run screaming from a room if I see one of the little creatures.
Fears about our current life situation, or about taking the steps necessary to change our situation can operate in the same manner as my fear of spiders,and other famous Nike football boots include Nike Tiempo Legend; they can make us run screaming in the exact opposite direction that we want to grow in.
Fear is paralyzing and it can be debilitating. Fear makes us picture the worst possible scenarios and it helps us to believe in those possibilities, keeping us stuck right where we are.
Fear is an interesting anomaly. The fact is, fear is not real. Fear is something that our mind creates. Certainly, there are very real things to fear. For example, we may fear being involved in a car accident. Car accidents are very real. But the fear associated with that is not.
Think about it. What is fear? Fear is being afraid of, or worrying about something that may happen a perceived danger. Not something that is happening in real time.
Look at my spider example above. What am I really afraid of with spiders? The thing is, I have this fear that they will leap at me and attack me ok, now that I've written that, I see how silly it really is! They are small creatures who are probably more afraid of me than I could ever be of them. But, the fear I have of them is in my own mind. Spiders will not leap at me and hopefully, now that I realize that, my fear will vanish!
Chances are, when you are about to try something new, you will experience fear. You can always choose to walk through your fear. You can face the fear and do it anyway. And really, that is the only way to banish it take it by the horns and show it whose boss! What is fear holding you back from doing? Do you want to start a business? Change jobs? What are you afraid of if you attempt those things?
Today, take one small step to overcome that fear. Don't hesitate to start small. For example,No matter what city you travel to or even what the weather is outside, make up a flyer about your business and send it to 3 people you know. Or, write an e-mail to 5 people and let them know you want to change jobs. See what kind of response you get.
The point is to start. Do it anyway. And,notice the difference in punctuation there, if it doesn't work out this time don't give up. Keep moving through your fear by doing it anyway.
Exercise What is the number one fear that is holding you back right now? Ask yourself this simple question: What am I afraid of?
Next, ask yourself, what small step can I take today in the direction I want to move?
Journal your answers and be open to the possibilities that come up for you.
Copyright 2006 Jennifer Givler

No comments:

Post a Comment